Bookproject :: A Small Story About Love :: Eine kleine Geschichte über die Liebe
„Eine Kleine Geschichte über die Liebe“
“A small Story about Love”
“A Small Story About Love“ will be a book for children aged 8+ and
the project is about financing the illustrations and a bilingual version in german and english.
Author: Peter Bosch
Artwork: Alexandra Bolzer
Typography: Nele Focke
Each year, there ist the „Festival oft the Donkey-Ear“ on the island of Le Sél: with grey , stubborn animals, prickly balloons, professors of emotion and lots and of books and tales. The book is about reading, donkeys, dog-ears, donkey-ears and of course very much about love. Sandro does not really like Sanja. She is much to clever and most of all, she is a girl. But the prickly balloon likes Sanja all the more. Unfortunately, he cannot talk and tell her…
This book combines three artistic fields:
- The text (Peter Bosch) combines realistic with imaginative elements, everything is familiar and yet a bit different, out of place.
- The illustrations (Alexandra Bolzer) evolve from the story, complement the story elaborately and take you by surprise with a diversity of different styles and materials.
- The typography (Nele Focke) has its autonomous role, makes references to the illustrations and the text as well and so creates an additional visual and aesthetic layer.
Why should you support this project?
Everybody who can still remember how inspiring childrens’ books can be and how much pedagogical value good children’s literature has, should support this project.
What happens with the funds after successful financing?
We need the money in order to produce high quality illustrations and typography to appropriately interpret and complement the story, which is an enormous task ahead.
AND: if we do have enough money left we will translate the book from the german version in bilingual version (german / english) too
if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!
- on indiegogo we want to finance a bilingual ( german/ english) version
- on startnext you can support the german version of the book
Peter Bosch, writer
living and working in Vienna / Austria
“Literaturpreis Silberne Schneekugel” (Buchstabensuppe 2007)
Alexandra Bolzer, visual artist / Illustration
*1971- living and working in Vienna / Austria
( www.alexandrabolzer.com )
Her critical request will be found in every single artwork. Bolzer wants to make the people think about her work and the topics she shows. Bolzer wants to touch her audience in a different, strange way.
Künstlerin des Künstlerhaus Wien
IG bildende Kunst
VBK bild kunst
IAA (international association of arts)
born in lower Austria, living in Vienna / Austria